Important: Bus Passes on e-Link will be available beginning August 31.
This information is subject to change as we get new students and further updates.
Every student is assigned a designated bus stop location during the school year. Students may have a different pick up than drop off stop, but each must be 5 days per week at the same location. Parents may transport their child on days when the child's schedule requires a different stop.
New residents should register their children as soon as possible so not to delay receiving transportation services. In September, please allow up to 14 business days to assign a new student to a bus at the beginning of the school year. We will contact the school when transportation has been scheduled for your child.
Students MUST ride on their assigned bus to and from school and must disembark at their assigned bus stop. Going home with friends at different stops or on different buses is strictly prohibited.
Please be at your designated stop 10 minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus. Parents are encouraged to review the Bus Safety Handbook they receive in school with their children. The entire booklet can be viewed by clicking here.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RULES FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS
- Pupils shall not extend their hands, arms or heads through bus windows.
- Students will converse in normal tones, loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
- Pupils shall not open or close windows without the permission of the driver.
- Students shall keep the bus clean and refrain from damaging it.
- All students are to use seatbelts.
- Eating or drinking on the bus is strictly prohibited. Food projects are not permitted on the bus.
- Animals, skateboards, or electronic devices (video games/i-pods/cell phones) are not permitted on the bus.
- Only students are permitted on the bus - parents or any other unauthorized adults will not be allowed to board a school bus.
- Our policy prohibits students from riding a bus other than their own.
- Pupils shall be courteous to the driver and to fellow students and passerbys.
- Pupils who refuse to obey the regulations will be reported to the school principal and may forfeit their privilege to ride on the buses.
Waiting for the bus: SAFETY FIRST!
- Stay a safe distance from the roadway.
- No pushing, fighting, wrestling or horseplay at bus stops.
- When the bus arrives, wait at the sidewalk, curb or safe area for it to come to a complete stop before proceeding.
Drivers must obey traffic laws pertaining to school buses:
- When overhead yellow or overhead red lights are flashing on a moving bus, prepare to stop.
- When overhead red lights are flashing on a stopped bus, vehicles must stop no closer than 20 feet away from the bus.
- When only hazard lights are flashing on a bus, you may proceed with caution.
The District understands that it may be raining some mornings and that winter mornings can be very cold. Please furnish your child with an umbrella and warm clothes so they can safely wait at their stop. In addition, a student who arrives at the stop after the bus door has closed cannot be allowed to board the bus. NJ Law requires a school bus driver to activate the warning lights of the bus at least 200 feet before the stop. This is not possible once the doors have closed. If your student misses the bus, they will need to be driven to school.
Parents waiting at or near the bus stop to ensure student safety at the stop are very much welcome and appreciated. However, please put your child's safety ahead of comfort and have them waiting at the stop, (not arriving at the stop), ready to board when the bus arrives.
Request for Bus Stop Change:
If you need to change your child's bus stop for babysitting or day care purposes (5 days per week for the entire school year), you must go to your student's school to fill out the form. Transportation to the Day Care facility or babysitter must be within the sending school's boundaries. All requests must be received by August 1st to be effective for the opening of school. During the school year, a response to the change will be made within 48 hours.