UPDATE: Until further notice, all Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots are now open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas. Non-Xfinity subscribers need to accept Terms and Conditions to access the network and repeat when requested to continue to receive free unlimited access. Please refer to the map below for available public hotspots.
Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Locator
You can call 1-800-391-3000 and order a service for free for a period of time. Also consider visiting Comcast's Internet Essentials website as they can qualify for the $10 a month home internet.
Verizon FiOS Lifeline - Government assisted discounted program
Verizon offers Lifeline plans for home phone service or broadband (internet) service. The broadband discount is limited to Fios internet service at a speed of 18 megabits per second or above.
If you qualify for the Lifeline discount service, you are eligible to receive a reduced rate on your Verizon monthly bill. Qualifications for the Lifeline discount program vary by state. Only eligible customers may enroll.
For More Info: Verizon in-home FiOS Lifeline Internet Service
"... But we want to ensure that ALL current T-Mobile customers on plans that currently have data are provided the unlimited connectivity they need to learn and work, at no extra cost.
- All T-Mobile customers as of March 13, 2020 who have plans with data will have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
- T-Mobile customers on plans with smartphone mobile hotspot can add 20GB of smartphone mobile hotspot (10GB per bill cycle for the next 60 days) via myT-Mobile.com or the myT-Mobile app by adding the COVID-19 Response High Speed Smartphone Mobile HotSpot feature for each voice line. (T-Mobile Connect excluded)"
BTPS Understanding: If you want to use your phone as a mobile hotspot for your student to connect a learning device please sign-in your T-Mobile App > Go To Add Ons > Add "COVID-19 Response High Speed Smartphone Mobile HotSpot" or Call T-Mobile at 1-800-TMOBILE and have their service assist you. This is free for 2 months From March 13 through May 13 minimum.
"... we are automatically adding 15 GB of data across nearly all of our plans, to be used between 03/25/2020 and 04/30/2020. Please note that you will not see the additional allowance in your My Verizon account online, in the Verizon App, or on your bill. To be eligible, you must be on a qualifying postpaid (unlimited or shared), Jetpack or prepaid plan:
- For Unlimited Data Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to your plan’s existing 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot allotment (most unlimited plans include 15GB or 20GB of 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot data standard)
- Eligible plans include: The Verizon Plan Unlimited, Go/Beyond/Above Unlimited Plans, Start/Play More/Do More/Get More Unlimited Plans
- For Shared Data Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE shared data will be added (can be used for Mobile Hotspot, or any other connected device using the shared data plan)
- Eligible plans include: More Everything Plans, Verizon Plans 1.0 and 2.0 (e.g., S, M, L, XL, XXL), Just Kids
- For Jetpack - Unlimited or Metered Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added
- For Prepaid
- All monthly plans with a data allowance: 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to monthly metered Smartphone (can be used for Mobile Hotspot), Jetpack and Tablet device plans
Note: If you're on a shared or account level plan, all lines on the account will share the data. If each line on your account has its own plan, each will receive its own data.