Child Study Team
Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant
732-785-3000 ex. 4006
732-785-3000 ex. 4008
732-785-3000 ex. 4004
732-785-3000 ex. 4007
Mrs. Y. Shaw
732-785-3000 ex. 4009
732-785-3000 ex. 4013
732-785-3000 ex. 4016
Ms. G. Rappaport
Welcome to Counselors’ Corner! Our LRMS counselors have created a Google Classroom for students and their families to find various links to Social & Emotional Learning activities, mindfulness reflections, resources (i.e. food pantries and crisis hotlines, and things to make you smile!
Counselors’ Corner will be updated daily with links, tools, and resources to provide support during this challenging time.
To join Counselors’ Corner in Google Classroom enter the code: uhkj2tr
All Brick Township Public Schools are open 8-4 pm, Monday-Thursday. If you have any questions, call the guidance office at 732-785-3000 x4010
For a life-threatening emergency, always dial 911.
An emergency is considered to be any serious and sudden medical, emotional, or behavioral health situation that, if not given immediate professional attention, could lead to your child being severely harmed or possibly harming someone else.
If you have an emergency situation involving your child that is life-threatening, seek help immediately by dialing 911.
If your situation is not immediately life-threatening, contact PerformCare at 1-877-652-7624 and follow the menu prompts provided for an urgent situation. They will ask you a series of questions to determine how they can help.If they find that your child should be evaluated for hospitalization, they will refer you to a local screening center.The NJ Department of Human Services offers a list of crisis/screening centers by county:
Mobile response stabilization services (MRSS)
PerformCare may authorize mobile response stabilization services (MRSS) to come your home within one hour of notification to provide face-to-face crisis services. The goal is to stabilize behavior and keep your child at home. Mobile response is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can offer up to eight weeks of stabilization services.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.
The Lifeline provides 24/7 free and confidential support for people during emergencies. The Lifeline also helps specific groups, such as youth, loss survivors, veterans, LGBTQ+, and more, cope with suicidal thoughts.
·NJ Hopeline 1-855-654-6735.
The NJ Hopeline has specialists available 24/7 who offer counseling and support over the phone.
2nd Floor Youth Helpline: 1-888-222-2228 (call or text).
2NDFLOOR is a confidential helpline for New Jersey’s youth that helps find solutions to problems they face at home, at school, or at play.
If you are minor looking to complete working papers, CLICK HERE. Print, complete, and follow the steps before returning to the school (via email) for final signatures:
- Minor’s personal information must be filled out at the top for Section A with a parent signature.
- The minor’s employer must complete Section B with working hours, signature of employer, etc.
- Minor will also need to get a health physical completed in Section C. If the student has a physical for school sports within the last year, we can complete that part for them.
- Once this is all completed, the student can either take a picture of the working papers to email or scan/email them to email@example.com
- Secretary and Principal will complete the last portion of the working papers (School Record and Issuing Officer Certification) and return to the student via email.
- Once this is complete, the minor will have to bring the completed paperwork back to their employer.