Offer versus serve or OVS is a concept that applies to menu planning and the meal service. OVS allows students to decline some of the food offered in a reimbursable lunch or breakfast. The goals of OVS are to reduce food waste and to permit students to choose the foods they want to eat. Because students may choose fewer selections under OVS, guidance is provided on what constitutes a reimbursable breakfast and lunch.
Reimbursable School Breakfast
Breakfast consists of three food components:
- Fruit (or vegetable substitution)
- Grain (and sometimes Meat/Meat Alternative)
Under OVS for breakfast:
- all students, at any grade level, must select at least three food items (some items count as two, ex. a breakfast sandwich)
- at least four food items must be offered
- student must select at least half a cup serving of fruit or vegetables (juice counts as half a cup of fruit)
Reimbursable School Lunch
Lunch consists of five food components:
- Meat/Meat Alternatives
Under OVS for lunch:
- all students, at any grade level, must select at least three of five food items (some items count as two, ex. pizza)
- at least five food items must be offered
- student must select at least half a cup serving of fruit or vegetables or a half cup total serving of both fruit and vegetable
- Students may take up to two vegetables, up to two fruits
- Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
- Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call (732) 785-3000 x1508 or x1510!
Online student meal applications!
Please click the image above, create an account, and apply online to prevent lost or misplaced applications. Applications received online can be verified the same day if all information is complete.
Your current meal status will be carried over until mid-October. If you wish to continue meal benefits for this school year, a new application must be submitted. If you received a letter stating that you are Directly Certified, you do not need to fill out a meal application.
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Click here to access your school’s menus online.
Then, follow the instructions below:
- Select the date for which you are interested in viewing the menu.
- Select your child’s school and grade from the respective drop-down menus.
- Select either “Breakfast” or “Lunch” from the “Meal Type” drop-down.
- Review the menu, nutrition facts, or allergen information for that day and school, or follow the directions to “Make a Tray” for meal planning and tracking purposes!
What's Cooking in 2023-24?
How to Access Breakfast & Lunch at Your Child's School
Students will be required to pay full price for their meals this year, unless they are approved for free/reduced price meals. Applications are available to be picked up at the board office at 101 Hendrickson Ave Brick NJ or can be filled out on line at www.schoolcafe.com/bricktownshipsd. Menus are online, but subject to change, as we are still struggling with global supply chain issues.
Use the links below for more information about food services at your child’s school:
Warren H. Wolf ECDC
Veterans Memorial ES
Lanes Mill ES
Emma Havens Young ES
Drum Point ES
Veterans Memorial MS
Lake Riviera MS
Brick Memorial HS
Brick Township HS
Meal Prices 2023-24!
Elementary Breakfast – $1.75
Middle School Breakfast – $2.00
High School Breakfast – $2.25
Reduced Price Breakfast – $0.00
Elementary Lunch – $3.00
Middle School Lunch – $3.25
High School Lunch – $3.50
Reduced Price Lunch – $0.00
Adult Breakfast – $2.75
Regular Adult Lunch – $4.00